Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bus #2 Warsaw - Riga

The bus to Riga was amazing. I'd spent the day shivering in an underground bus station and trying not to fall asleep before my bus left, and I was ready. I got in and sat down, this time in my correct seat. I was surrounded by people talking loudly. As soon as the bus left they all dispersed and I was left with two seats to myself. Not only this, but there was a vertical beam on my left that would prevent my head from sliding down the glass. Also, Eastern Europeans seem to have the tendency to be much more polite than western Europeans, evidenced by the fact that all the bums and stuff in Germany try to scam you or otherwise pretend they're not begging (A guy came up to me and said "look I only need 80 more cents to get on the train!" and showed me that he had ten euros in his wallet. I didn't give him the money, and I saw him do the same thing to everyone within my view. Anyways, so the bus was silent and we were on our way. Needless to say, the sleep was better than any hotel. I woke up once in Lithuania, and then again in Latvia. It was like flying JetBlue.

No comments: